April 12, 2010

Using "When..."

This lesson will teach how to say when something happened.

For this we used the word toki とき.
To say "When I was in Japan i did/went to..) You take the sentence:
nihon ni imashita and turn it to plain form nihon ni ita にほん に いた now to make it "when" you just put toki とき after:
Nihon ni ita toki.にほ ん に いた とき。

So now to make a full sentence like:
When I was in Japan I went to a Hot spring.
Nihon ni itta toki, onsen e ikimashita.にほん に いった とき、 おんせん へ いきました。

To say when something happened  in different situations you use plain verb past tense or plain form depending on the situation.

For example:

When I go to Japan I will buy luggage
Nihon e iku toki, nimotsu o kaimasu.にほん へ いく とき、 にもつ を かいます。

To make it more polite add niwa には after toki  とき.
Gohan o tabeowatta toki ni wa gochisosama to iimasu ( After Eating you say gochisosama).
ごはん を たべおわった とき には ごちそうさま と  います。

No comments:

Post a Comment